1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups plus 4 heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
- Cream together the sugars, butter and oil until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the remaining ingredients. Add to wet mixture and mix well.
- Roll into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. (I usually refrigerate it for about an hour before I do this because it's so sticky)
- Press down cookies with a glass dipped in sugar and then decorate with sugar sprinkles or non-periels.
- Bake in 375° oven about 10 minutes until golden brown.