Friday, January 16, 2009

Mmmmm...pancakes for dinner

My girls love pancakes, especially for dinner.  On nights when Brad is gone, pancakes make for a quck, easy dinner that all five of us can eat.  And, if I make them look like Mickey - well, I'm just the coolest Mom ever.

I got the recipe here.  The only modification I make is tossing in a little bit of flaxseed meal (I don't measure, I just sprinkle it on - maybe a teaspoon-and-a-half to a tablespoon).  I read some of the reviews and several recommend adding a bit of vanilla - anywhere from 1/2 to one teaspoon.  Sounds good to me, especially since Harrison eats them with no butter or syrup.  Why anyone would make pancakes from a box is beyond me as this recipe is easy and makes wonderfully fluffy pancakes. 

    * 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1 tablespoon white sugar
    * 1 1/4 cups milk
    * 1 egg
    * 3 tablespoons butter, melted

DIRECTIONS

   1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
   2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Have you done the smiley faces...where you put the "draw" the face with a squeezy thing full of batter, let it cook a little and then pour the batter over it like normal? The face cooks a little darker...really cute. We do pancakes a lot on the days I work. I've got a knock off of the nut & grain pancakes from IHOP. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete