For dessert I'm making Magnolia Bakery's Vanilla Cupcakes and topping with vanilla buttercream that I have left from decorating Nin's birthday cake.
For the buns, I'm making Homemade Hamburger Buns (Bread Machine) from Recipezaar. Yes, I'm using the dough setting on my bread machine -- too much to do today, I need some help and it's perfect for that. I topped the buns with sesame seeds after I brushed them with melted butter.
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.
- Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done. Some reviewers baked these anywhere from 12 to 30 minutes.
Cupcakes are cooling now. Buns are rising and will be going into the oven in about 30 to 45 minutes. I'll take a photo of the buns when they come out of the oven.