Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Daring Bakers April Challenge: Cheesecake

The April 2009 challenge is hosted by Jenny from Jenny Bakes. She has chosen Abbey's Infamous Cheesecake as the challenge.

I would have a photo here - but once again, the Daring Bakers challenge went to Care Group and the camera didn't.  It was desimated by the time the night was over!  I chose to make a turtle cheesecake - actually, I did a turtle topping.   I made the cheesecake as Jenny gave the recipe (see her blog, link above).  I did leave out the optional liqueur and I used chocolate graham crackers for the crust.  I used chopped pecans, mini chocolate chips and, due to time constraints, prepared caramel sauce for the topping.  This thing was EASY to make and I will definitely be making it again, trying some of the other ideas that Daring Bakers gave for flavors.  I will also say, it definitely needs to chill overnight - be sure to plan for that!!

Also, instead of using a springform pan I used a foil casserole pan - this was due to the water bath (not wanting soggy crust) and due to the fact that I was hauling this thing to Care Group.  It filled the pan, it was delicious.  I have a weakness for cheesecake.  I want to make this again!

3 comments:

  1. Turtle cheesecake is Hubby's favorite dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Thanks for being a part of the April Daring Baker's Challenge!

    Jenny of JennyBakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making homemade cheesecakes! Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete